Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fancy Workmen

The owner’s brother showed up today in a suit.  He looked good, but a little dressy for fixing a washing machine.  What do I know about the French though?

I showed him the PDF of the manual for the washing machine and we went about cleaning out the drain catch.  I was very glad that I had done this very same thing at home with my own wash machine and had towels and a tray for water handy.  The brother seemed rather surprised by the whole ordeal, but not remotely hesitant to kneel on the wet floor in his suit and pull disgusting lint from the machine.  (Maybe he was cursing me in French in his head, but outwardly, he was great.)

I felt very glad that I was correct in my assessment of the problem and the brother’s time wasn’t wasted, a repairman didn’t have to be called, and there was no way I could be blamed for the problem…

Mostly, I am excited to get the laundry going. Even if one wash cycle takes almost two hours (and I have to go to the laundromat if I need something put in a dryer.) Clean clothes make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment