Monday, May 23, 2011

Lame

This is how my poor baby went to sleep tonight.  In his swimming suit and goggles – in the car.  And sad.IMAG0632

Jack had a pool birthday party to go to that I just could not seem to find.  I looked at a map before I left and had the address, but could not find the turn to save my life.   We finally returned home to look up the location again. (since I left my phone on the counter and there are apparently no phone booths left on Earth anymore…)  “Wait here in the car while I run up and look at the address on the computer,” I said to the monkeys.  “Ok, Mama.”  Jack said – close to tears, “ and we’ll try not to panic.”  Despite my double-check of the address, I could still not find the place.  I pulled over and was about to type it in on my phone when I realized that the party was almost over and that my dear Jack was asleep.  What a lame mama I am!

*For some unknown reason, I spent more time on the internet trying to figure out why I couldn’t find this place even though it was too late.  I just felt so frustrated that I  knew approximately where the pool was.  I found that Google gave me wrong directions!  And Bing finally gave me the right directions – though too late.  I guess that is my fault for clicking a link rather than going straight to Bing…

No comments:

Post a Comment