Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jack Is Strong

Jack was telling me how strong he was today.  “I can lift my brother! And I can carry very heavy things!”  He looked around naming the things that he could carry and lift. “I can lift the whole house!” he exclaimed, but then hesitated. “I think god can probably do that.  I think he can lift the whole world.”  Jack seemed a little forlorn at this thought – I guess disappointed that he wasn’t quite as strong as he wanted to be.  Suddenly his mouth popped open in a surprised smile.  “BUT! I can lift god!” he beamed.  I must have had a funny look on my face so Jack explained, “Because god is light.  My teacher says that god is alllllll light.”  Then Jack furrowed his eyebrows. “She says that he doesn’t have even a tiny bit of darkness in him…” he walked away – eyes still furrowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment