Thursday, August 19, 2010

Obsessed

Owen loves Lego and he loves Star Wars.  He is thrilled with the idea of a combination of the two.  There has not been one day in the last few weeks that he has not played with his Star Wars Lego. 

Eric introduced  Owen to the Xbox Star Wars Lego game. Owen LOVES it.  It is a game they can play together, and Owen is getting quite good.  Jack likes to play too, but he mostly runs around randomly pressing buttons.  He is still at the stage where you don’t actually have to put the quarter in the arcade game and he still thinks he is playing (or doesn’t care either way.)

I was quite delighted to discover that the game is something that truly motivates the monkeys.  In the evenings, the promise of a chance to play the game with get teeth brushed and pajamas on in record time!  Tonight I announced that bedrooms had to be cleaned – an that too was done in record time with very little help.

It is fun to watch the boys play for a little while, but I get bored and sneak off to read or scrapbook or something else.  I figure playing video games is male-bonding thing. 

The other day however, I played the game for a little bit, and may have caught the bug.  It is slightly possible that I am obsessed.  Three reasons lead me to believe this.  #1 For the past few nights Eric and I have been playing the game after they monkeys have gone to bed.  #2 When the monkeys were playing tonight, I was telling them what to do and could feel myself getting frustrated when they were doing something different.  I was “backseat driving” my kids’ video game!  I felt kind of silly, so left them to their game while I ran to the store.  But when I got home at 9:30 Eric was playing, and I joined him.  #3  we just stopped playing – over two hours later...

No comments:

Post a Comment