Thursday, August 26, 2010

I’m In Love

I was already in love with my feisty boy Jack, but today I was reminded that I will get to start a new phase with him– one that involves spending time with just him.  

Owen fell asleep in the car today, and I left him to nap in the garage.  This gave me more than two hours with little Jack, who played all around me, and helped me fold the 10 loads of laundry that was sitting on my bedroom floor.  He dutifully matched socks, folded washcloths and put folded clothes away.  “Sure I can do that!  I can definitely put those away,” were his responses to my requests.  He chattered away about random 3-year-old  things for awhile then,  “Man Mama, this is a LOT of work!  This makes me tired, are you tired too?  Wow Mama, you did a wonderful job folding that shirt! I am so proud of you!”  Seriously?!  Is there anything else that a mama needs to feel good about spending two hours folding and putting away laundry?  I think not!  I could definitely get used to having this fella around…

Jack is my little bright light in what I worry will be a sad time (with my Owen going off to Kindergarten).

No comments:

Post a Comment