Tuesday, November 1, 2011

“Fancy”

Both of my monkeys have love dressing up in “fancy” clothes for a long time.  If I will iron a shirt, they will wear a tie (and sometimes Jack will clip one on to a t-shirt and insist on wearing it.) Last year one of them cried when they found out that I had not bought a tie and jacket for Thanksgiving.  I felt so bad, I bought suits for them for Christmas pictures.  I thought they would be so excited when they saw them, but Owen’s face fell when I handed him the tie.  He lamented, “If only we had had these for Thanksgiving!”

I think their love for “fancy” clothes is particularly funny since Eric and I rarely dress up.  We both wear jeans on thanksgiving and most other holidays.  The boys really don’t see anyone dressed up either – we don’t go to church and there is hardly anyone in a collared shirt at Eric’s work.  One day, Eric put on a button-up collared shirt and Owen said, “Oh Daddy, you are wearing a ‘John’ shirt!”  (John being Katie and Sara’s dad who wears a collared shirt to work every day.)

The other day I stopped by Janie and Jack to see what they had.  The boys have recently decided that they are “too old” for any of the shirts from that store, but I was hoping to find a pair of pants for Jack and spend the remainder of a gift card that I had.

Right away Jack found a black blazer on the sale rack from the store’s “summer wedding collection” for boys.  He begged for it.  “It’s on sale, please please please, Mama.”  I gave in, hopping that I can find something coordinating for Owen for Christmas.

I put the blazer in the far back of Jack’s closet, but Jack has pulled that darned thing out so many times- I felt mean saying no again.  I figure that its better to get lots of use out of it before it is too small, so I gave in last Saturday and ironed a shirt to go with it.

Owen had a birthday party to attend at an ice skating rink so I grabbed my camera to get a few photos of Jack while we had some one-on-one time.  While Jack is not always thrilled about listing to my photo suggestions, I did not have to give one.  He was beyond thrilled to show off his style.  And his poses and moves are his own…

IMG_1259IMG_1262

IMG_1269IMG_1294

Does my 4-year-old have style or what!?

4 comments:

  1. Ha what a stud! Nice to see you blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I think I am going to die laughing!! These pictures are so freaking adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a little Dude! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete