Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Hood

An update from the rest of Hood Canal weekend -

The monkeys spent as much time as they could collecting crabs on the beach.  Owen started out picking up only the smaller crabs, then bigger and bigger ones.  There was never enough in the bucket so the collecting task lasted quite some time…

IMG_0464

IMG_0679IMG_0477

The daddies went out in the canoes by themselves for awhile then took the monkeys out as well.IMG_0493IMG_0501

Ahhhhh!  No hands!IMG_0511

IMG_0526I painted my toenails in the sunshine while I overlooked the canal.  Very relaxing!IMG_0513IMG_0529

On the first night the men made a meal of seafood and steak.  On another night, Nana and I made a kind of Mediterranean meal with Tzatziki, pita, a spicy pork, and a quinoa salad that was so yummy!  Even though Jack said “that’s not my favorite” (Eric and my attempt at polite-ing up Jack‘s normal comment of “that’s disgusting!”) Jack ate quite a bit hen he actually tried it. IMG_0592

The mamas took a go at canoeing on the last morning.IMG_0644

Another more Tyler-friendly beach wasn’t too far away so we took a little excursion there and to a restaurant with huge burgers -which are apparently an enormous draw for biker gangs…IMG_0584

Three or four seals popped up to bid us farewell as we were leaving.  The lens I was using has no zoom at all so I couldn’t get a picture of the seals, but  how cute are Dock and Owen watching the seals!  

IMG_0687

No comments:

Post a Comment