Monday, January 16, 2012

Snowy Activities

all of us reading (biographies for Owen, history for Mama, Scooby doo for Jack)

WP_000461

all of us playing with some weird goo that Owen got from one of his friends for Christmas

WP_000464WP_000465

Jack at his Batcave

WP_000466

Mama finished the final details of the two reversible batman/superman capes that I made for someone at the boys’ school

WP_000476

Owen back at the pile of books

WP_000468

 

Mama fixed the drawers from under the boys’ play table that have broken several times (this “fix” is much uglier- the silver brackets in plain view-  but much sturdier and I hope this will be the last fixt!) I was really happy about getting that project done – and it spurred me to help(force) the boys do the final organization of their rooms – they did not appreciate this particular snowy day activity, until is was done, and they had loads of space to play!WP_000470

 

Two straight hours in the snow for the monkeys.  The kids were bundled in their Smartwool socks and hats, their pajamas, snow pants, down coats, and gloves – the were toasty warm!WP_000472

Mama working on a poster for the book fair at the school – the kind of project that you think is going to be straight forward, but ends up taking far far more time than you anticipate! (And have mercy gravity! When I went to take a photo of this poster, I forgot that I hadn’t finished gluing everything down. I guess it is going to take a little longer now, oh well…)

WP_000477

hot chocolate after playing in the snow!  We made the special kind that Grandma Mary made for Christmas which made it extra special.

WP_000475

Mama cleaned all of the laundry! (now I just have to fold it and put it away…)WP_000478

And that is only PART of the whole day – there was still dishes, and cooking, and more art projects, and rediscovery of old toys, and a complete take-over of the upstairs for the important set-up of a “pet store” of stuffed animals! And if you know anything about the amount of stuffed animals that grace our presence, you know that I am not exaggerating when I used the term “complete takeover of the upstairs”…

It was a satisfying day.   I got more done than I normally do, and the boys were busy, and happy all day.

1 comment: