Monday, January 9, 2012

Drive Through

Tonight I made a simple bean soup and knew that we would have enough to share.  So I sent a text to Nana to pick some up on the way home from work.

I told the monkeys that they could “deliver” the soup to Nana through her car window when she came, and they got very excited about the idea that we had become a drive-thru restaurant. 

Owen had the idea of making a menu, which turned into a receipt-or-sorts that he stapled to the outside of the bag.

  • Bean Soup
  • cheese
  • onion (red)
  • truffles
  • lots of love

Jack wanted to be able to deliver his own bag through the car window, so I grabbed another small paper bag for baby Tyler.  We put some food for him in the bag, and then noticed that our bin of baby toys will still sitting out.  Jack picked carefully through the toys to find the perfect Happy Meal toys.  Tyler’s list included:

  • carrots
  • parsnips
  • Fuzzy car
  • ambulance

“You say, ‘Thanks for your order!’ and you say ‘Please come again!’” I whispered to the monkeys as they walked out the door.  As Nana pulled away, Owen yelled, “”Enjoy!'” which cracked me up.  Owen was tickled by his unscripted creative moment.  “Did you hear me mom?!” he squealed once he came inside.  “Did you hear me?  I yelled, ‘enjoy!’ at the end.  I thought of that all by myself!”

PS- According to our most recent review, we have “a very satisfied customer!!!!”S95955178

2 comments:

  1. Best drive-thru ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll definitely be back next week, great food, friendly service, toys with our dinner, you can't ask for much more:) Thanks guys - LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete